Vectir 3.4 is now available. This version is centered around performance related upgrades and improved support for multiple devices. There is a new remote profile group type in the Vectir PC software that ensures remote profiles are only made visible to devices with compatible screen resolutions. When creating a new remote profile group users are now able to choose a display resolution that suits their phone or tablet. Vectir will attempt to upgrade your existing remote profile groups with the new display resolution property. If the upgrade was successful your groups will have a new icon with a phone over a folder. You can also download the upgraded groups from the remote profiles page.
A new remote metadata feature has also been added to help make more information about your remotes available to Vectir client devices. In the remote profile designer there is now a Metadata button that will launch a dialog where you can enter version, description and author information. There is also a new remote profile ID property added to each remote profile. This removes the existing limitation of unique remote profile names. The remote ID also assists with the new remote shortcut features in the Android and Windows Phone 8 apps.
The WiFi server will now listen on all available networks when configured with the hostname connection mode. Previous versions made a best guess as to which is the correct network to listen on but occasionally would get it wrong. This problem should now be resolved. The IP address connection option is still available and lets you choose which network to listen on while ignoring all others.
For full compatibility with Vectir PC software 3.4, Android, Windows Phone 8 and BlackBerry 10 users should install version 3.4 of the Vectir client software. This version has been published in the Google Play store and will be available in the Windows Phone and BlackBerry 10 stores as soon as certification is complete.
Summary of updates in Vectir 3.4:
- Remote profile display resolution groups
- Remote profile metadata
- Unique remote profile name limitation removed and remote profile IDs added
- Remote profile designer updates
- Updates to allow remote and server shortcuts in Android and Windows Phone apps
- WiFi server hostname connection mode now listens on all available networks
- Minor bug fixes
Vectir 3.3 is now available! Thank you to everyone who participated in the beta testing and provided such useful feedback. Vectir 3.3 provides many updates and all remote profiles have been rebuilt with a new gun metal theme. Here is a summary of the updates in Vectir 3.3:
- Support for new font size in pixels setting in remote profile designer and menu designer
- Support for state triggered images in remote profile designer
- New resize mode setting for picture box control
- Improved remote profile designer support for devices with large screen sizes
- New UDP port added to WiFi server for fast commands
- Support for new mouse commands from Vectir mobile client
- File paths remembered and restored for remote designer and import/export dialogs
- Reduced CPU usage when mobile device not connected
- Environment variables now supported in command line and keyboard commands
- PowerPoint bug fixes and slide timer issues resolved
- All remote profiles rebuilt with a new gun metal theme
- New remote profile groups added at 720×1280 and 1080×1920 resolutions
- Changes have been made for loading remote profiles from within remote profiles but this feature won’t be enabled until the next release
- Free version remote profile limit lifted from 5 to 10
For full compatibility with the latest changes, Android, Windows Phone 8 and BlackBerry 10 users should install version 3.3 of the Vectir mobile client app. This should be available now for Android users, for Windows Phone 8 users as soon as it has passed acceptance testing and for BlackBerry 10 users next week after some final changes have been tested.
If you are updating from an earlier version, make sure you have downloaded and imported the latest remote profiles. You can also import them by deleting all existing remote profiles groups from the configuration panel in the Vectir PC software and connecting from your mobile device. Remote profiles at the correct resolution for your device will automatically load. Make sure you export your own custom remote profiles first.
If you notice that the font sizes have changed in your remote profiles, this is related to a new font size in pixels setting. The existing three font size settings have been converted to a font size in pixels setting. You can adjust this through the remote profile designer in the Vectir PC software. Right click on your remote and select Edit then select the controls for which you would like to adjust the font size and change the font size in pixels setting under properties. You can also now adjust the font size in pixels for the remote profile menus. Right click on your menus under Your Remote > Menus, select Edit then adjust the font size in pixels setting.
Have fun trying out the new updates and features in version 3.3. If you have any questions for find any issues with this version please contact Vectir Support.
The Vectir BlackBerry 10 Remote Control App is now available as a stable release. Either search for Vectir remote control from the Blackberry app world on your phone or download from the Vectir Remote Control Blackberry App World page. Vectir for BlackBerry 10 has all of the features available in the Android app but limited to WiFi connectivity. Remote profile layouts are available at a suitable resolution for both the Z10 and Q10 devices. If you are installing Vectir for the first time, run the device setup wizard (Tools menu in PC software) and when your BB10 device first connects, remote profiles at the correct resolution will load. Alternatively you can download and import remote profiles at the correct resolution from www.vectir.com/download/remote-profiles. The 720×720 remote profile group is included for the the Q10 device. For the Z10 device either the 480×800 or 1024×600 remote profile groups will be suitable.
A beta version of the Vectir remote control client for Blackberry 10 is available. Please email Vectir support if you would like to help with the beta testing. The email address is on the support page.