Vectir 3.8.3 for PC and smartphone platforms is now available. This version includes a number of updates for Windows 10 including a keyboard controller update and virtual keyboard/mouse driver update. On some Windows 10 installations the option for installing the virtual keyboard/mouse driver was disabled. This has been fixed in the 3.8.3 installer.
The remote desktop feature has also been updated to reduce network traffic when the desktop image is static. This update requires the latest version of the Vectir mobile app for Android, Windows Phone and Kindle (3.8.3).
Memory problems that became apparent designing remote profiles for the 1440×2560 resolution have also been resolved with the latest PC version.
Version 3.8.3 of the Vectir Windows Phone app also fixes remote profile rendering problems that were present on Nokia Lumia devices with the soft keyboard enabled.
Mobile version 3.8.3 also includes an update to make the file browser remember the last directory when closed. This can be helpful when navigating down to a directory to choose music to play.
Summary of updates in Vectir 3.8.3:
- Remote desktop network bandwidth reduced (requires client 3.8.3)
- Keyboard controller updated for changes in Windows 10
- Virtual keyboard/mouse driver updated for changes in Windows 10
- Windows 10 related bug fixes
- Remote profile designer memory usage reduced
- Remote profile designer bug fixes
- ‘Open with application’ file browser command added to Windows plugin
- Network protocol updates ready for iOS client (still a few weeks away)
- Minor bug fixes
All focus now shifts back to iOS app development. Apologies to everybody waiting for the iOS version – it will be ready asap!
Vectir 3.8 is now available. This version includes seven new language translations (Arabic, German, French, Turkish, Italian, Russian and Vietnamese). The Spanish and Portuguese translations have also been updated. Thank you to everybody who helped with the translations! More of the program has also been updated to make it more translatable including the default remote profiles.
A new remote profile group for the 1440×2560 resolution and above has also been included in Vectir 3.8. The remote profile memory use has also been reduced.
A number of minor bug fixes and updates including fixing remote desktop support for XP users has also been included in the latest release.
Summary of updates in Vectir 3.8:
- 7 new language translations added (Arabic, German, French, Turkish, Italian, Russian and Vietnamese)
- Existing translations updated (Portuguese, Spanish)
- Remote profiles updated to use less memory
- Remote desktop fixed on Windows XP
- Minor bug fixes
Good news for all of the Vectir users who have been waiting for a Plex remote profile. You will now find one in the Vectir remote store. Click the remote store icon in the Vectir PC software, scroll down to Plex and install. Note that this remote profile was developed for Plex Home Theater (HTPC) software, not Plex web player (although many of the commands work for both).
A dedicated page for each Vectir remote control profile will now be maintained under www.vectir.com/remotes/. Here is the Plex Remote Control Profile page.
Vectir 3.7 is now available complete with a new Remote Store feature. The Remote Store lets you browse and install Vectir remote profiles. To celebrate the release of the Remote Store the following new remote profiles have been developed – Chrome remote control and YouTube remote control. You will find these remotes available in the remote store. Chrome remote control provides over 20 commands for the Chrome web browser. The YouTube remote control provides remote control for all YouTube player commands and will work in any web browser. The remote store will also install Vectir plugins if required by the remote profile to be installed.
To facilitate the new remote store, Vectir plugins are now store under the following path %ProgramData%\Incendo Technology\Vectir\Plugins. Plugin developers should copy their plugins to the appropriate plugin folder under the new path.
Another new feature in Vectir 3.7 is the Device Manager. The device manager keeps track of your connected devices and optionally lets you rename them. This can be useful when two identical devices are connected. The Remote Store uses the Device Manager for showing which remotes are installed for each device. The Device Manager is available under the Tools menu.
For full compatibility with the new Device Manager feature, a new version of the Vectir Android and Windows Phone mobile apps is available (v3.7). This version should be available in our app store either immediately or within the next day or two. A unique device ID is now generated for each device and sent to the server to be saved against the device in the device manager.
Summary of updates in Vectir 3.7
- Remote Store added
- Device Manager added
- Plugins now stored under %ProgramData%\Incendo Technology\Vectir\Plugins
- Desktop remote now renders text cursor
- Keyboard plugin updated
- Winamp plugin bug fixes
- Spotify plugin bug fixes
Vectir 3.6 complete with remote device events is now available. This version makes it possible to execute commands on the Vectir server when triggered by remote device events such as phone calls and volume button presses. More event types such as accelerometer will be added in the future. This feature is currently only available with Android devices (and possibly BlackBerry 10) as it is currently not possible to detect these device events on Windows Phone 8. The next blog post will explain how you can add remote device events to your custom remotes.
Android users who would like to take advantage of the new remote device events feature should make sure they are running version PC server version 3.6 and Android client version 3.6. Also make sure you have the latest remote profiles imported if you would like your Android phone/tablets volume buttons to control your media player volume or master volume. Or if you haven’t added any custom remotes or customized the default remotes, you can delete your remote profile group from the configuration panel in the Vectir PC software and connect from your Android device again. This will import the latest remote profiles complete with remote volume button commands.
Vectir 3.6 also includes some updates to the remote profile designer. The button control now has text wrapping enabled and copy and paste support has been added for remote controls (excluding dialogs).
Summary of updates in Vectir 3.6
- Remote device events added (only compatible with Android devices)
- Media player, system, mouse and desktop remote profiles have been updated with volume button events
- Copy and paste support added to remote profile designer
- Text wrapping in remote button controls
- Spotify initialization bug fixed
- Minor bug fixes
Sub-remotes is a new feature introduced with Vectir 3.5 that makes it possible to load remote profiles from within remote profiles. This tutorial shows how you can add sub-remotes to your own custom remote profiles.
Read the rest of this entry »
Vectir 3.3 is now available! Thank you to everyone who participated in the beta testing and provided such useful feedback. Vectir 3.3 provides many updates and all remote profiles have been rebuilt with a new gun metal theme. Here is a summary of the updates in Vectir 3.3:
- Support for new font size in pixels setting in remote profile designer and menu designer
- Support for state triggered images in remote profile designer
- New resize mode setting for picture box control
- Improved remote profile designer support for devices with large screen sizes
- New UDP port added to WiFi server for fast commands
- Support for new mouse commands from Vectir mobile client
- File paths remembered and restored for remote designer and import/export dialogs
- Reduced CPU usage when mobile device not connected
- Environment variables now supported in command line and keyboard commands
- PowerPoint bug fixes and slide timer issues resolved
- All remote profiles rebuilt with a new gun metal theme
- New remote profile groups added at 720×1280 and 1080×1920 resolutions
- Changes have been made for loading remote profiles from within remote profiles but this feature won’t be enabled until the next release
- Free version remote profile limit lifted from 5 to 10
For full compatibility with the latest changes, Android, Windows Phone 8 and BlackBerry 10 users should install version 3.3 of the Vectir mobile client app. This should be available now for Android users, for Windows Phone 8 users as soon as it has passed acceptance testing and for BlackBerry 10 users next week after some final changes have been tested.
If you are updating from an earlier version, make sure you have downloaded and imported the latest remote profiles. You can also import them by deleting all existing remote profiles groups from the configuration panel in the Vectir PC software and connecting from your mobile device. Remote profiles at the correct resolution for your device will automatically load. Make sure you export your own custom remote profiles first.
If you notice that the font sizes have changed in your remote profiles, this is related to a new font size in pixels setting. The existing three font size settings have been converted to a font size in pixels setting. You can adjust this through the remote profile designer in the Vectir PC software. Right click on your remote and select Edit then select the controls for which you would like to adjust the font size and change the font size in pixels setting under properties. You can also now adjust the font size in pixels for the remote profile menus. Right click on your menus under Your Remote > Menus, select Edit then adjust the font size in pixels setting.
Have fun trying out the new updates and features in version 3.3. If you have any questions for find any issues with this version please contact Vectir Support.