Vectir 3.8.3 for PC and smartphone platforms is now available. This version includes a number of updates for Windows 10 including a keyboard controller update and virtual keyboard/mouse driver update. On some Windows 10 installations the option for installing the virtual keyboard/mouse driver was disabled. This has been fixed in the 3.8.3 installer.
The remote desktop feature has also been updated to reduce network traffic when the desktop image is static. This update requires the latest version of the Vectir mobile app for Android, Windows Phone and Kindle (3.8.3).
Memory problems that became apparent designing remote profiles for the 1440×2560 resolution have also been resolved with the latest PC version.
Version 3.8.3 of the Vectir Windows Phone app also fixes remote profile rendering problems that were present on Nokia Lumia devices with the soft keyboard enabled.
Mobile version 3.8.3 also includes an update to make the file browser remember the last directory when closed. This can be helpful when navigating down to a directory to choose music to play.
Summary of updates in Vectir 3.8.3:
- Remote desktop network bandwidth reduced (requires client 3.8.3)
- Keyboard controller updated for changes in Windows 10
- Virtual keyboard/mouse driver updated for changes in Windows 10
- Windows 10 related bug fixes
- Remote profile designer memory usage reduced
- Remote profile designer bug fixes
- ‘Open with application’ file browser command added to Windows plugin
- Network protocol updates ready for iOS client (still a few weeks away)
- Minor bug fixes
All focus now shifts back to iOS app development. Apologies to everybody waiting for the iOS version – it will be ready asap!